Friday, March 6, 2015

Slide to Unlock Technology - Claim 1

Welcome back! So for this post, I will be summarizing claim 1 from Apple's patent on Slide to Unlock Technology.  Enjoy!

In order to understand Apple’s first claim in its patent regarding the ‘slide to unlock’ technology, simply picture a device with a touch enabled screen that is currently “locked” or disabled.  The patent states that if one were to make continuous contact with the touch screen while following a pattern or pathway on the device, the system will “unlock” and will therefore be able to be useable.  However, the pathway on the device is very specific and won’t respond unless contacted in the proper starting location.  Apple has incorporated this technology into many of their devices such as the iPod Touch and more popularly, the iPhone.  This is just one of the many features Apple brings to the market that has made the popularity of the touch screen skyrocket in the last few years.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jason,

    Great post, short, sweet and to the point. Definitely made it easy for someone who wasn't familiar with the case to follow. I liked how you included the fact that it was Apple who made the side-to-unlock technology popular. Definitely something many people often forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jason! I like how concise your blog post is - I think you really hit on the major points that needed to be covered. I like that how you mention the context and applications of this patent by talking about how Apple uses them in many of their devices today. Great job - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete