In my next post about obviousness, I went to YouTube to find
a video that would help me better understand obviousness in patents. The video I came across (included below) is
by a man named Robert Greene Sterne, editor-in-chief of Patent Office
Litigation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4PbnA99ev4&list=PLINMwSSyG1ALKRMBTS0myhzr3QP-8L3Ze
In his video, Sterne claims that obviousness is king when
applying for and maintaining patent rights.
With recent laws and legislation coming out in past years, Sterne gives
some advice to existing and potential patent owners. He advises that the proper research must be
done on every patent as to prove nonobviousness in patents. Specifically, he addresses that an appeals
board requires a mere 12 months for owners to prove nonobviousness and
therefore keep or attain a new patent.
Overall, this video is a great example of how important
obviousness is in keeping patent rights.
Sterne is a highly qualified speaker on the subject and I highly suggest
watching the video several times to understand everything he touches on. Hopefully you found it as informative as I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment